- Oversees the spring book fair by organizing volunteers, decorating library, coordinating with Scholastic and the librarian, and keeping track of book fair income. Also promotes any other reading related activities.
Box Top Collection
- Communicate and encourage participation in Box Top Collection program.
- Develop classroom competition to reward Box Top collection.
- Organize Box Top collection and send off process.
Budget and Finance
- Studies previous year’s annual report to determine how well that budget met the association’s needs. Determine the projected financial requirements. Develop budget with a committee of 3-5 members including Treasurer for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Updates the PTA bulletin board, website and social media page.
- Compiles electronic newsletter and makes necessary copies of the weekly newsletter.
- Researches and coordinates performing arts programs for our school. Usually two per year.
- Organizes events for VAES families to connect with other families in a social setting after school hours.
Healthy Lifestyles Chair
- To promote healthy lifestyles with the children; emphasize the connection between healthy lifestyles, behavior and learning; promote family and community involvement in helping develop healthy living and learning environments. In addition, support Environmental Awareness – encourage students to recycle, reduce, and reuse! Create environmental tips and tidbits for PTA communications.
Hospitality / Teacher Appreciation Chair
- Plans and organizes a hospitality table at general PTA meetings. Plans ways to express appreciation to the teachers and staff by providing small gifts throughout the year. Coordinates Teacher Appreciation week.
National PTA Reflections
- Coordinates the National PTA Reflections program in our school, distributing registration forms, promoting the program and annual theme, finding judges to select projects that go on to the District for further competition. Organizing recognition for the participants.
- Designs and orders all VAES spirit gear.
- Markets and sells the merchandise.
Student & Parent Education
- Researches and coordinates evening parent education programs and daytime student education programs with our school counselor.
Volunteer Coordinator Chair
- Implementing best practices for recruiting new volunteers. Assist new volunteers in becoming familiar with the school policies and staff. Supervising and evaluating the ongoing volunteer program.
- Markets the National Watch Dads of Great Students Program at VAES by holding a kick off event at the beginning of the year and a mid year event.
- Serves as the contact person for the school counselor and the PTA in Watch D.O.G.S. matters.